A Family Guide to Terrariums for Kids - Imagination-inspiring Projects to Grow a World in Glass by Patricia Buzo, owner/artist of Doodle Bird Terrariums
Design, plant, and grow a world of your very own—inside a terrarium! Including 15 unique, imagination-inspiring project plans, each accompanied by adorable, full-color photographs, kids and their grown-ups will discover how easy terrariums are to plant and grow.
Kids love to create, imagine, and have fun. Nothing fulfills all three of those desires quite like designing and planting a terrarium. With the step-by-step project instructions found in A Family Guide toTerrariums for Kids, the results are beautiful, inspiring, and confidence-building. Making these little landscapes develops motor skills, spacial awareness, and provides a wealth of sensory input. The science behind the art is included with quick and simple lessons on ecosystem functions, the water cycle, and plant nutrition. But for kids, it's all about being active and building something cool! Plus, when the project is complete, there's a piece of living art to share with family and friends or display on a bedroom shelf.
With the terrarium plans found in A Family Guide to Terrariums for Kids, everyone in the family can tap their inner “science geek” to:
•Use multi-colored sand and succulents to craft a desert terrarium
• Plant, trim, and tend a terrarium bonsai tree
• Build a peat bog filled with carnivorous plants
• Make an aquatic terrarium, complete with a marimo moss ball “pet”
• Design a prehistoric garden of air plants
• Create a plant-filled habitat for a praying mantis
• Grow a Japanese garden with living rocks
With information on selecting the best terrarium container, growing materials, decorative elements, tools, and plants, readers are primed for success that lasts long after the terrarium has been built. Terrariums combine imagination and creativity with a dash of hands-on science. And you get to play in the dirt! What could be better than that?
Note: wholesale pricing is available; contact me for more information
About the author:
Patricia Buzo is the owner and artist behind Doodle Bird Terrariums. From the age of 15, she had a successful career in fine art and mural painting, often choosing plants and nature as her preferred subject matter. Looking for a chance to work more closely with nature, Patricia founded her terrarium-making business in 2008, and through trial and error has become an expert in her craft. Both by experimentation and research, she perfected how to best create and care for planted terrariums, while at the same time using her artist background to create realistic miniature landscapes using live mosses and other tiny plant life.
Author: Patricia Buzo
Format: Paperback / softback, 112 Pages
Publisher: Cool Springs Press
● Custom Orders: All payments are due in full before items will be shipped. Deposits are non-refundable.
● Sales tax is automatically added to Minnesota addresses.
● INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND CUSTOMS FEES:
International customers are responsible for any charges that importing packages might incur. Calculate duty fees here: www.dutycalculator.com
● All terrariums are shipped using USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail unless otherwise noted. Tracking is provided on all U.S. orders. Note: USPS does not guarantee the package will arrive within 2-3 days when shipped via Priority Mail. Therefore in some rare cases it may take up to 5 days to arrive. Rest assured your plants can survive this.
● PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 14 DAYS FOR DELIVERY. Orders are almost always processed in the order they are received. Processing orders usually takes about 12-14 days followed by the actual time it takes to arrive at your home once shipped.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
● Problem with your order? On rare occasions accidents happen during shipping. Should your item arrive damaged please contact me via method below. You will be eligible for a replacement if available or refund*. The following will expedite insurance claims on damaged goods:
---HOW TO REPORT DAMAGE---
1. Take photo of damaged packaging (smashed box, dents, etc).
2. Take photo of interior damage (item still in package broken) if possible.
3. Take photo of item damage (do not unpack if glass is shattered to avoid injury, just try to get the best photo possible).
4. Send me a message with photos and description.
5. You will be contacted within 24 hours explaining the next steps of the claim process.
*Please note that refunds are made via the insurance claim and may take a few weeks to receive.
● Lost Package? On extremely rare occasions packages are shown as delivered via delivery confirmation/tracking but a customer reports it stolen or missing. In such a case please contact me as soon as possible to start the insurance claim process through USPS.
● Terrariums are perishable and fragile items and for that reason CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
● CANCELLATION POLICY: You may cancel an order for up to 24 hours following the purchase for a full refund (unless it has shipped). After 24 hours cancellations may be honored at the discretion of the seller and will incur a fee of $40-100 depending on the total cost of the order. Custom or made to order items cannot be cancelled with the exception of extreme circumstances and will be determined by the shop owner.
Terrariums are packaged with great care keeping safety in mind. Because of that reason, gift wrapping is not an option. However, a personalized gift card is available upon request and is free of charge.
Custom orders are non-refundable and may take longer to process. If a custom order is cancelled there will be a fee to cover the cost of materials.
If your package is returned due to an incomplete or undeliverable address you will have the option of a replacement (with additional shipping fees) or a refund in full (minus the shipping fees).
I do not work on consignment or wholesale at this time. However a discount may be offered on large quantities ordered upfront. Contact me for details.
Terrariums are packaged with great care. Packing material is used both inside and outside the jar so that the contents are not jumbled around during shipping. Any terrarium containing live plants should be unpacked immediately after arrival. Plants cannot survive long periods of time inside the box or with packing material covering them. If you need to keep the terrarium in the box then place it in the refrigerator until needed. This will keep the plant fresh (simulating winter conditions) and green. Remember to remove the packing material prior to storage.